Blogger Templates by Blogcrowds

Andie Cooper fan

Wednesday, August 12, 2009
“I suppose if you've never bitten your nails, there isn't any way to explain the habit. It's not enjoyable,really, but there is a certain satisfaction-pride in a job welldone. ~Anderson Cooper, Details Magazine 2003

“Cooper!” That’s what I would always say when I see Anderson Cooper on TV. Not to be biased but he’s really good in his field. Last night, I watched his program on CNN (Anderson Cooper 360°) and I was just in awe. My dad said that I was only watching it because he was the news anchor. I just laugh because it’s not true. The topics of his program are so substantial (e.g.climate change) and the way he tackles them are so vivid but cool.

A month ago, me and my folks watched him and Larry king as they covered the Burial rites of Micheal Jackson (another idol of mine) and later on, I found out that he was also a fan of the late King of Pop. So cool..=)



I first saw Anderson Hays Cooper (his real name) when I was 17 years old ; he totally got my attention with his gray white hair. I said, “mum, who is this white-hair dude? (kinsa ng puti ug buhok na lalaki ma?)”, and my mum said he’s Anderson Cooper, the son of a famous fashion designer (Victoria Vanderbilt) but he worked his way to become a news anchor. Knowing that he didn’t care about his status in society and he strived really hard to be where he is now, I just adore him.


Last Christmas, my Aunt gave me a Cooper book entitled “Dispatches from the Edge” and I love it! Million thanks to auntie linds! =) Its actually a story of his life and at the same time the problems and challenges he had undergone (death of his brother,covering wars in Iraq and Johannesburg, etc..). I recommend it to all bookworms in the planet.
From reading his autobiography, I learned that not all rich people rely on their wealth. On Cooper’s case, he chose to be simple in life and help people to be informative on what his happening around the globe rather than wasting his money on going to clubs. Talk about being a person for others (atenean principle).
He’s just a role model..whew… two thumbs up for you Andie!, Keep up the good work=)

Here are some of the sites that you could surf or visit if you want to know more about this guy..=)

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0177846/bio
http://usliberals.about.com/od/peopleinthenews/p/AndersonCooper.htm

0 comments:

Post a Comment