Blogger Templates by Blogcrowds

Embracing a New Paradigm

Tuesday, August 11, 2009
Whoa! My goodness, it's been ages since I posted my last blog. Hmmm I guess I have just been busy.. neh, the truth is, karun p nko nhinumduman ang password sa akong blogger account.. ahahaha.. anyhow,so much for that… let's get down to our business, shall we? If you have noticed, my last blog was back when I was still in college. So why new paradigm? Well aside from the fact that Im done with my schooling years, (no more group studies at dunkin divisoria, no more playing badminton with ann, fred and derbie, no more tambay2 sa drypond or school canteen) , I guess it’s just the idea of me getting used to a new pattern of life.



First off, spending more time with my folks. You see, after I graduated college, my mum requested me to work within the jurisdiction of Malaybalay. It bugged me for a minute coz I wanted to work in a far place (the job offer in manila would have just been perfect) but I kinda got the fact that they (my parents), wanted to bond with the older children (me and my brother) and so, I said yes. I could remember back in my college life, i would usually go to sleep at 1 AM (hey, im just enjoying my life in the city). Now, I go home at 5:30 PM, talk to my parents till 9 and doze off by 10. And every morning, as the sun rises, I would talk to my erpat with a cup of coffee in our hands. Whew…

2nd, me working in an office. After a month of unwinding, soaking under the sun and all that, I was hired as a researcher in the International Center for Research on Agroforesty (ICRAF). The work, I must, say was very,very, exhausting yet fun. I don’t know why but I just enjoy doing researches (particularly on community development or environment). Unfortunately, my ICRAF colleagues transferred to another area. I cant go with them coz its quite far. So after a month, I got another job as a researcher and a proofreader, meaning, new colleagues and new style of working. The funny thing is It was only when i was started working that I became more careful in what I do (danghag man gyud ko atong una.. hahaha).



Lastly: eating lunch with my grandmama. I admit that I was closer to my grandpa than my lola. My lola was the disciplinarian when we were younger so given that description of her, she was really strict. I could remember when I was visiting them (grandparents), I would always stay at my lolo’s room because when my lolo and I were talking, perminte ko exempted sa tanan sugo.. hahaha… after my grandfather’s death, I promised to myself that I would spend much more time with my lola and I guess God provided a way for me to do that. Now, I eat lunch with her because my working place is near from her house. I like it coz it made me realize that my grandmama is not that strict pala, she’s very thoughtful and very loving. I enjoy exchanging views with her in politics (passing of Cory, etc,etc) and telling her every thing that I do in my work (the things I would usually do with my lolo when he was still around).

With this new routine and style, I could say that Im on my way to maturity..waaaaaaaa oh no.. 0_0.. hehe but hey, I could still goof around but in the right place and right time.. hahai.. although I miss going to school and my friends and other stuff (dawat ug baon, wandering.. hahaha).. but I have to face reality and embrace it.





Its not so bad.. lets just put it this way, this new paradigm molds me to be more responsible and in time I could get used to this... =)

0 comments:

Post a Comment