Blogger Templates by Blogcrowds

… From Business Team to Stage Crew galore

Monday, October 1, 2007
Do what you know that you can do… I recall my uncle saying those when we had a little chat few months ago. I was quite impressed of how his life got so prosperous. I never really put much attention to it until I got enrolled in a theater class. You see sometimes the indifference attitude in me comes out of my system and just don’t care of the things that happen around me. It just so happened that in our theater class, things got pretty much shaky that our teacher told us that our production might be cancelled. To prove that we can do it, we were given a chance and we only had one week to practice. As one of the business crew, I seldom go to our practices but with the things happening and surely it will affect my grades, I have to attend the practices and help in any way that I can So one time when I joined the practice, I noticed that there were only few people in the stage crew and knowing that they play an important role in the play and pondered what my uncle told me, I joined the crew.

I must say that being one of the stage crew is not that easy, the fact we were only given 20- 30seconds to set the materials on the scene plus we get scolded by our head can push you to quit. But knowing that I can do it and I already started doing it, why quit dba? So go lang ng go ang bata… The succeeding rehearsals made me and the rest of the gang get familiar with the lines of the actors that when they say their lines, we imitate them at the backstage; it was actually more like fooling around just to forget the fatigue feeling. But I don’t really think of the job as that tiring because I enjoy doing it and it helps our production. 3 days before the performance, nadagdagan ang bilang bilang namin so naging doble ang saya sa backstage! ahaha..^^ There were times that we peek from the back to the extent n kahit ung maliit n butas pinagtitiyagaan para makatingin lang! haha.. I really had a lot of fun doing that .




Through this class, I could say na mas naclose ako sa mga kaklase ko.

And by the end, napush through ang play namin…our batch really history makers, the first batch that proved something that some people thought that we cant do… weeeeeeeeeeee^^

0 comments:

Post a Comment